About Son of Man

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

How I start 'An Intimate Hour With God'

Since I read THIS in a pamphlet I found at Church, that morning hour has somehow become too little time. Cool. Structure is always better. I love starting an hour with him by prayerfully meditating on the contrasts in his character.

For instance, God is perfectly
Transcendent and Intimate
Wrathful and Merciful
Judge and Saviour
Just and The Justifier
Creator and Redeemer
Righteous and Forgiving

Meditating on these things helps me have an appropriate attitude when meeting with God. This is also full of contrast (which I love). We should be completely humbled in his presence but with the confidence and assurance that comes from what Christ accomplished on the cross. We also present our requests while acknowledging his sovereignty.

If you can think of some more, I'd like to add them to the list.

Anyone glad that He isn't merely Just?

Soli Deo Gloria

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

I am writing this comment to notify you that your RSS feed seems not to be working properly.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Thanks man I needed this!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home