About Son of Man

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Can Oscar Teach Us Anything?

Words on Love (part 3): Redeeming Oscar Wilde

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance."
Is this not the easiest thing to do? This love never seems to lose its fire. Paul writes to Timothy, "In the last days...people will be lovers of self...avoid these people" (2 Timothy 3:2-5).


"When a man has once loved a woman he will do anything for her except continue to love her." This terrifies me! I am assuming if ol' Solomon had to write, "rejoice in the wife of your youth, a lovely dear, a graceful doe" (Proverbs 7:18), then...well...I think you know what I mean. I wouldn't really know but I'll take his word on it. I guess, as they say, the sushi is always fresher on the other side of queen st.

"Women are made to be loved, not understood." My dad said something like this once. But unlike Oscar, my dad was trying to get across something more along the lines of, love your wife "as your own [body]. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it..."(Ephesians 5:28-29).


I think the Bible also says somewhere that we aren't supposed to only love the people we like...


6 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

"the sushi is always fresher on the other side of queen st."

It pains me to write that I have absolutely no idea what this means.

Help please?

8:34 AM  
Blogger Son of Man said...

Preacher, I didn't want to say that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. that is all...

9:12 PM  
Blogger TwinsK&D said...

Great thoughts brother...I like the way you compared the ideas to scripture...keep it up! You should write a book or somthing...what ya say...hhmmm?" I'd buy one!

Twin#2

5:03 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Son of Man-
Thank you for the explanation.
I don't even know what sushi is...
kerux

7:49 AM  
Blogger TwinsK&D said...

Please post more..more, more, and more...perhaps Ill call Basil and get him after you to post more :-)you should write a book or somthing!

Twin#2

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Car ins http://www.acuvuetoric.info the web design business kit Pricing for oxycontin online http://www.mercedes-s55.info Breville cafe espresso maker roma Warm mist humidifier burns Field hockey equipment

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home