It really has been a while since I posted last. It has been so long that my Mozilla browser didn't even recognize when I typed in the first three letters of blogger.com into it. Anyways, this is probably the most self indulgent my blog has ever been or ever will be. I've just been notified that blogger "now saves your drafts automatically!" Cool! I am so out of date. I've been working like crazy at Enterprise rent-a-car
and helping my father finish shingling our roof. I spend about 5 minutes on my computer per day. After spending hundreds of hours writing papers last semester, it was pretty good to take a break.
For the past month or so, I've been reading and re-reading Nehemiah
with Mark Driscoll and Mars Hill
as Mark preaches through the book (the vodcast rocks). It has been really convicting and challenging. I have learned a lot about the need for and the relationship between prayer and planning. Huge and uber-hard. Also, along the lines of spirituality but sorta not, I'm reading C.S. Lewis' book Until We Have Faces
. I am only 1/5 of the way, but I am pretty much really into it. I'm also reading Don't Waste Your Life
by You Know Who with some guys from church. Loving it. I just finished reading American Psycho
by Bret Easton Ellis. I bought and read the book because the movie (featuring Christian Bale), though it is violent and immoral (I definitely don't recommend it), had a very interesting main point. Anyways, 70% of the book is readable and pretty fascinating and awesome. The other 30% made it not worth touching. Anyways...I'm also reading a non-fiction book that Lowonthego
let me borrow called Black Like Me
. I recently read this odd book called A Tour of the Calculus
. Now, if you know me at all, you know I suck at and hate Maths. The somewhat bizaar book is a history of Maths and specifically, "The" Calculus. The prose is kinda exasperating after awhile though.
I am also apparently amoung the few obscure people who actually like the new Rihanna song Umbrella
. The only slightly-recent movie that I have seen in the past two months is 300. Wicked. I would see it at least 3 more times. I love that the main guy is played by the same dude who played the Phantom in the 2004 Phantom of the Opera (Gerard Butler).
I am actually really tired right now. I have absolutely nothing profound or useful to say. Actually, the reason that I am even typing this is because I neither have to work nor go to church tomorrow. I am taking advantage of being up past 10 PM.
I don't even know how to end a post like this, so I'll end it now....