About Son of Man

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Vaccination and Epiphanies (Part 2)

Here we are, back into my epiphany. If you haven't read Part 1, it might help. It'll take 3 minutes or less.

There are few places in our beloved Scriptures that reveal the mind of God as brilliantly as Romans 9-11. That is why these are some of the hardest passages in the Bible. Paul in the last verses of 11 proclaims his own inability to fathom the mind of God and his delight in the perfection of every aspect of our all-powerful God.

Coming back to WRATH! When was God's wrath more evident than in the events of utter destruction found in the Old Testament? ie. the flood, Sodom and Gommorah, Achan, the guy who tried to stabilize the ark (of the covenant) and was struck dead, ect.
Now this wrath, that was once so often displayed, is being kindled due to the patience of God since he has expanded the Gospel to gentiles.
Now the nature of his wrath is like what Paul explains in Romans 1:18-32. "Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity."

These posts have been sorta all over the place and I don't think I really made a point. I guess this is all still being worked out in my head.

We need to flee from Idolatry. (we can even do it when we worship...another post...)
A way we can steer clear of his is to not "say in [our] heart, 'who will ascend into heaven'...or 'who will descend into the abyss" (Romans 10). CHRIST DID IT ALL.
May we never say that God chose us for some reason other than to bring glory to himself. He said to Israel (my translation), 'It is not because of your righteousness that I brought you into the land but rather because of my anger at sin, my jealousy for my own glory, and my sovereign plan' (Deuteronomy 9).

I don't even know if I've said anything here...but its late now and there is no time for revision.

Serve your King

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home