About Son of Man

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bold


Mr. Tim Challies recently posted something that I have felt for a long time but couldn't put my finger on. He pointed out that, on a particular Sunday, the word BOLD was his favourite part of the great song I come by the blood. I have a similar feeling for the last verse of the amazing hymn, And can it be?

I can usually control myself for the first few verses, but once we sing that our chains have fallen off and we rise and go forth and follow HIM, I'm already weakening. By the time we get to BOLD I APPROACH THE ETERNAL THRONE, it is too much altogether. Mahaney, when he preached on Gethsemane, spoke of walking on holy ground when you approach such passages of Scripture. This is the only attitude I can think of when we sing such words as,

Bold I approach th’eternal throne,
And claim the crown, through Christ my own.
Bold I approach th’eternal throne,
And claim the crown, through Christ my own.


or


You are the perfect and righteous God whose presence bears no sin
You bid me come to Your Holy place, how can I enter in
When Your presence bears no sin
Through Him who poured out His life for me, the atoning Lamb of God
Through Him and His work alone, I boldly come.

******

I love the Bible and how it describes our position before God. We are to approach the throne with complete humility and contrition but also with boldness because of what Jesus accomplished on the cross.

ps. that Mahaney clip is so worth listening to.

7 Comments:

Blogger TwinsK&D said...

Well said brother, some songs you long to sing fully but the thought of Christ is so overwhelming, such is the glorious cross of Christ and such great music!!

David

5:05 AM  
Blogger Chris Hillcoat said...

And can it be, that I should gain
An interest in the Saviour's blood?

You betcha! :)

11:48 AM  
Blogger lowonthego said...

loved this blog.

off topic. okay so i STILL haven't deleted the music you sent me. and its eating me up inside!!! but ugh just SO good. :(

its like you gave me a fruit and i ATE IT....gobbled it up. and will continue to do so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Chris Hillcoat said...

But I thought stealing music was legal in Canada?

*ducks*

7:51 PM  
Blogger Son of Man said...

Lydia,
I am sorry I Romans 14:21ed you and caused you to James 4:17.
Joshua

7:57 PM  
Blogger lowonthego said...

LOL.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Sex at cricket Las vegas lasik surgeon Explorer roof rack replacement parts Cause of feline hair loss who makes the best minivan Real amateurs online http://www.bmw-cooper.info/botox-laser-hair-removal-newpot-beach.html flower bulb catalogs mls soccer

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home