About Son of Man

Monday, December 04, 2006

On Tickling

I recently had a few appointments with my massage therapist. A whole semester of carrying heavy bookbags and guitars and amps and speakers ect. caused some serious tension in the back. I have this problem. I am sorta ticklish. It's funny because it is not that I can't take the pain. When she starts to press the tight areas of my back, I can totally relax, despite the pain. When she works the glutes, it is a totally different story. It is really humiliating to start laughing right there on the table as she attempts to loosen up the hip areas via the glutes.

Why can I handle the pain but not the tickle? It's ridiculous. My dad says that I am too sensitive. I don't think that's it.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're too effeminate, that's your problem. The manly way to deal with pain is to grunt, or exclaim "hurh!", not get a massage. Pfft.

j/k! I'm ticklish too.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're too sensitive :p thanks for an awesome time last night btw. now add me to your blog roll you silly hobbit lol

-Nagoda

7:52 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

You let a woman handle your glutes?

5:46 AM  
Blogger lowonthego said...

haha, i'm with kerux on this one.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Jonathan P said...

Ahahaha.... I'm ticklish too... massage sessions look hilarious when I'm in them too.

12:13 PM  
Blogger janette said...

Thanks for taking the hit personally for lugging around all that stuff this semester. York has been changed by you!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Tickleman said...

You are ticklish and so are most people if you touch them the right way in the right spot. It is a reflex. So, you can be humiliated and hate it, you can be humiliated and like it, or you can simply cut the humiliation aspect out of this and decide that it is something that isn't so emotionally loaded.

Often ticklishness, especially during a massage when she is not trying to tickle you, is a sign of tension in the area and means you need to relax more. However, it could be that you just are very sensitive in that area and need to decide whether or not to tell her to stop (you are the boss) or to try enjoy going with the sensation.
Some people enjoy being tickled and that can be emotional in a more positive way.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home