About Son of Man

Sunday, August 27, 2006

In light of recent conversation

Caveat: This post will be complete waste of your time except for the lyrics to the Derek Webb song (The Church) below.

A few, two that is, of my brilliant and charming peers love the topic of pre-marital-leading-to-marriage-relationships. Here are a few songs by Christian artists that seem to speak to this issue. The first one is by Caedmon's Call, who are the epitome of a band. The next is by Bethany Dillon, whom I want to marry. The one at the bottom is by Derek Webb, whom I want to be. Now, the Bethany Dillon song could refer to Jesus but it can totally go either way. I'll note that the Caedmon's song was also written by Dwebb. I am not making any statement whatsoever with this post. It is merely what it is.

Can't Lose You

For My Love

Other songs that may be worth noting (actually, they probably aren't).

MXPX - Want Ad

Five Iron Frenzy - Pre-ex Girlfriend

This one is for Aban (if she happens to read this)

The Church
words and music by derek webb

i have come with one purpose
to capture for myself a bride
by my life she is lovely
by my death she’s justified

i have always been her husband
though many lovers she has known
so with water i will wash her
and by my word alone

so when you hear the sound of the water
you will know you’re not alone

‘cause i haven’t come for only you
but for my people to pursue
you cannot care for me with no regard for her
if you love me you will love the church

i have long pursued her
as a harlot and a whore
but she will feast upon me
she will drink and thirst no more

so when you taste my flesh and my blood
you will know you’re not alone

there is none that can replace her
though there are many who will try
and though some may be her bridesmaids
they can never be my bride

5 Comments:

Blogger pri said...

love bethany dillon too. im guessing you liked jenna's Cd eh lol.

this one time, jenna me and another friend (erin fox..my new roomie!!) were in the car and we had that song on repeat. that memory makes me laugh. but its a sweet song.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Chris Hillcoat said...

Did you start school again today?

2:50 PM  
Blogger Son of Man said...

Chris - nope, not till the 6th yo.

4:40 PM  
Blogger lowonthego said...

hahah it bethany dillon was a man....i would marry her. no jokes. have you read her blog on her website? seriously? its donc. like how mature is she for a 18 year old!!!

okay. i'm out.


p.s. pri, i remember that time you, jenna and fox were obsessed with that song. Two fellowship dinners ago, i was in the van with y'all and you kept playing it....hahaha y'all told me you were obsessed with it.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i were bethany dillon. and i wish i could marry derek webb. except, i think he's already married. he has a great love song on his "i see things upside down" album. also, newly discovered; his new album is available free. yes, FREE: www.freederekwebb.com

if you knew who i was, you could thank me for that.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home