About Son of Man

Thursday, July 06, 2006

...and good times were had by all

By his strange and wonderful providence, God has given me the opportunity to develop and lead a summer sports program for youth in the Rexdale area. He always brings you places that you would never expect to be. Anyhow, one of the great things about this ministry is that it is as grassroots as you could possibly get. We have no official church, community, or school affilation which means that I can blatantly preach Christ as much as I want. Cool. We aren't even renting a gym facility. Basically, my partner and I show up at the outdoor court and invite kids to come to our program. They came, what a miracle. An even greater miracle is that, when the time came, they all willingly quit playing ball and sat on some bleachers so we could open some Bibles together.

Comment of the Day

After we were done our discussion on "What the Bible says about itself" a young (17) man approached me and after kissing his teeth and nudging me on the shoulder said,

"sexy speech yo."


How do you answer that? I smiled nodded and walked away.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sawwweet! Preach the Word.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't know how to respond to that.... sexy speech? Man josh, that must have awkward for you. heh. keep doin' the good work and spreadin' the Message.

-Nagoda

12:34 PM  
Blogger Sid S. said...

"Your name is like honey on my lips" just had a whole new meaning after dat post... sexy speech indeed!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Julian Freeman said...

Josh... you're honestly telling me you weren't expecting someone to say that to you?

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this cracks me up. Some of the kids I work with tend to ask, "Are we free yet?!" Maybe I should sass them sometime and say they're only truly free if they have Christ or something along those lines.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Terra said...

Rexdale area.... sweet. Welcome to my hood. Is it with Youth Unlimited?

Thanks for the comment on my blog.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Son of Man said...

ya, Terra. I'm working under Nick Hill. Rexdale is great eh...

3:01 PM  
Blogger amac said...

Josh, you're the stinking man. Never have I met a golden-haired man as yourself who plays ball and gives sexy bible speeches.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Josh,

You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work!

Nick

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home