About Son of Man

Monday, June 26, 2006

Say hi to Mauberley


So, I have this great new pet but I am now questioning my motives. I was at wal-mart with Julia (my sister) and Laura (our friend) shopping for some summer gear. Basically all that was said was, "we should all get fish and see whose lives the longest." So from the start my fish's life has been very closely associated with death. It hasn't even been so long since I was quite involved in the tragic and accidental but timely death of our dog Honey. I was wondering if I was even ready to move on in such a jaunty fashion. I am really starting to love this little guy though. Maybe it is his stellar name which comes from one of my favourite poems by the great modernist Ezra Pound. He is a Crowntail Male Betta and has tons of flair. I hope he likes Radiohead.

Also, I just borrowed (took) some issues of Relevant from my friend Lydia's apartment. As soon as I read them I'll leave a little reviewage. I'm sure it'll be one of those things that has some good and also some stuff that could be chucked. We'll see. The latest issue features ex-Caedmon's member Derek Webb (an artist worth checking out).

5 Comments:

Blogger Julian Freeman said...

Poor Honey...

5:52 AM  
Blogger Chris Hillcoat said...

That's quite a maubid reason to buy fish.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I hope he has a long and happy life...

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just my own thought but that idea does seem sort of cruel- i mean does God create us and say ok who'll live the longest and who's gonna die first- seems a bit cruel. i mean i'd be angry if i found out the purpose of my life was a death contest- respect the animals is all I'm saying dude. they're God's buddies too. Just my thoughts.

-Nagoda

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! Are people allergic to peppers Why does wellbutrin cause weight loss

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home