About Son of Man

Monday, April 16, 2007

The End of Means

I was standing with my guitar the other day at Grace, listening to the Reformed Baptist pray . I thought, Man, this guy is uber eloquent. Then I looked and saw that he was reading from the Valley of Vision. Ah, I thought. I picked up my VoV tonight and fliped to a few pages from the back. I read this:
O My Lord,
May I arrive where means of grace cease
and I need no more to fast, pray, weep,
watch, be tempted, attend preaching and sacrament...

Heaven is so incomprehensible because all we know are his Means of Grace (some of which are listed in the passage above). These means point us to him. They reveal and represent parts of him and his glory. All of it will necessarily pass away when nothing stands between us and our eternal Father.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nagoda said...

Right on dude. I agree 100%. And from a Catholic perspective, that's why when Jesus comes back we won't need to preform Mass or have Sacraments or a Priesthood, because God and Jesus will be right there with us. It all kind of makes you wish he was coming now. Oh well, he comes when he comes in glory and when he does, it'll be FREAKIN' AWESOME!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Son of Man said...

I love you man.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Matt Hughes said...

I gotta get me a VoV...

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home