About Son of Man

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Captain Ahab was a Jerk?


So here I am again blogstalking on a Tuesday morning. I'm sure some of you have read the Tulip Girl blog already but I just had to share this with all of you. I was just going to give you the link but I'm going to copy and paste the whole funny part over here. Is this bad blogger etiquette? Anyways here is the link so you can view some of the comments on this brilliance.


"Oh, crap!" I heard my 8 year old say, as we drove down the road in the minivan the other day. Shocked me a bit. Haven't heard him use language like that before.

His expletive was followed by some banging, and sounds of paper being rumpled, and a book being slammed shut.

"What's going on?"

"Those stupid guys are whalehunting again. And they killed the whale already."

T8 is reading an illustrated version of Moby Dick. T8, my whale lover, budding marine biologist. He has a great sensitivity to injustices, chief of which is whale hunting.

A few days later he told me, "You know what I'd do if I were a millionaire?"

"No, what?"

"I wouldn't be foolish with my money. I'd buy a big house and get a wife and a bunch of kids. But I wouldn't just buy them every toy they wanted. And I'd work at the aquarium. If I couldn't work with the whales, well, then I'd just be the guy that feeds the sharks."


**********

Now THAT is passion!

This kid is the man.

4 Comments:

Blogger lowonthego said...

WHAT THE HECK

I LOVE THIS NEW LAYOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

new template awesome in IE but a little wonky in firefox - fyi

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Captain Ahab was a jerk. Your son isn't more "sensitive", he has a better sense of right vs wrong when a rabidly obsessed crazy man is hell bent on murdering a whale. This foretells of later autrocities committed by way of technology, bigger ships and better weapons.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home